The only limitation is that you can only use one identity for your Blogger account. If you want to blog under more than one name, you will need to create another Blogger account using a different Google account
What is the difference between a Google+ Profile and a Blogger Profile?
- Your blog author name links to your Google+ Profile, where all your posts, Collections and (optionally) Communities are visible. The "About" link on your profile shows your personal information.
- You use your Google account name and profile photo.
- You can + mention people in your Blogger blog posts.
- You can enable Google+ comments.
- You can select a Google+ Profile or Page badge to add to your blog's Layout.
- You can automatically share your posts to your Google+ Profile, or any Google+ Page you manage.
Note: Blogger does not support using a Brand Account identity.
- Your author name links to your Blogger Profile, which (optionally) lists the other blogs you author, plus other personal information you provide.
- You can set a display name and profile photo. That can be different than your Google account name and profile photo.
- You can add a Blogger profile gadget to your blog's Layout.
- You can manually add a Google+ Profile or Page badge to your blog's Layout.
Read on for instructions to set up your blog's profile.
How to select a Profile for your Blogger Account
1. Sign in to Blogger (www.blogger.com) with your Google account
2. If you have NOT created a Blogger account, you will be prompted to select which type of profile you would like to use
Select your Google+ Profile
Click the blue button under your Google+ Profile image to use that profile as your Blogger identity.
Learn more about using Google+ Profiles with Blogger
- Google+ Help Center: See and edit your Google+ Profile
- Manage the Google+ Settings for your Blogger Blog: comments, sharing, profile and more
- Blogger Help Center: Connect Google+ with Blogger
Using a Google+ Page or Brand Account Identity
If you have an older Google+ Page with a password set for direct login, it is possible to use that Google+ Page Brand Account identity to blog. However Google no longer offers the option to set a password for a Google+ Pages or Brand Accounts, and it has never been officially supported by Blogger.
It is possible to associate a Google+ Page as the "publisher" of your Blogger blog, but this is currently only used for automatic sharing of posts to Google+.
If you want to blog as a Brand, Business or with any name other than your Google Account name, you can use a Blogger Profile for your Blogger Account.
Select a Blogger Profile
1. To create a Blogger Profile, click Create a limited Blogger profile.
2. On the next screen, enter your Blogger Display Name.
3. Then click the orange Continue to Blogger button.
Customize your Blogger Profile
To add a profile photo and edit your Blogger Profile:
1. Sign in to Blogger
2. Click Settings, then User Settings
3. Under User Profile > Blogger click Edit
4. On the Edit User Profile page you can change your Privacy settings, add a Profile photo and other details.
|Blogger Profile Privacy Settings|
|Blogger Profile General Settings. You can also add your Location, Work details and more|
|Set a Blogger Profile Photo|
5. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click Save Profile
Switch from a Google+ Profile to a Blogger Profile (or Vice Versa)
You can switch your Blogger account from a Google+ Profile to a Blogger Profile, or from a Blogger Profile to a Google+ Profile.
Note: if you switch from a Google+ Profile to a Blogger Profile, you will no longer be able to moderate Google+ Comments on your blog or change the Google+ settings. Be sure to disable Google+ comments.
1. Sign in to Blogger
2. Click Settings > User Settings
3. Next to User Profile select Blogger or Google+
4. At top right click the orange Save Settings button
Blogger Help Center: Changing your profile in Blogger
Posted by Peggy K