Whether you are new to Google+ or a long time Plusser getting used to the new interface, you should learn something new. And if you are still using the Classic Google+ interface, now is the time to give the new web experience a try!
Here's the general outline of what we discussed.
1. Setting up your Google+ Profile
2. Populating your Home stream
* Finding and following Collections
* Following People and Pages
* Organizing people into Circles
3. Engaging with posts: Plus, Comment, Share
* Create your own Collections
* New posts, Text and Plus Mentions
* Share photos and images
* Share links
* Create a poll
* Post settings
You can watch the recording and join the chat by signing in here (it's free, with registration). I've also embedded the video below.
We covered a lot of topics in an hour, so I've shared my slides below (with a few edits for clarity). You can peruse them at your own pace. To get the full description of each slide, view the speaker notes.
- To view full screen, click the button.
- To see the slide description and notes, click the gear, then select "Open speaker notes"
If you have questions, need help, or are looking to take Google+ to the next level, here are some resources:
Get help with Google+
- Official Google+ Collections Community - learn to build great Collections
- Getting started with Google+ Collections Guide
- Collections 101 Panel discussion
Follow my "Get the most out of Google+" Collection for updates and tips:
Posted by Peggy K