Sometimes you may want the image to link to a different web page instead.
Not sure what I mean?
Click to open my Blogger Tips Collection web page
If you are a HTML expert, you can switch the blog post editor to "HTML" mode and manually edit the image link.
But if you aren't comfortable editing your blog post code, you can add a web URL to the image with just few clicks.
Here's how you do it:
How to add a link to a Blogger blog image
1. Sign in to Blogger and open the post editor in Compose mode
2. Click the Insert Image icon
3. Add an image from any source (Upload, Google Album Archive, Phone (Google Photos))
Learn more about how insert photos and videos into a Blogger blog post in the Blogger Help Center.
4. Click the image once, and Link should be highlighted on the menu bar and you will see image formatting options.
5. Click Link again to to remove the link to the larger image
6. Click the image again
7. Click Link again to open the Edit Link window
|Note that "Link" on the top menu is now NOT highlighted|
8. Enter a web address URL
9. Click OK to save the changes
Note that you will not be able to check the link on the blog post Preview by clicking the image.
Watch the video showing how to add a link to a Blogger blog post image.
For more tips on how to go beyond plain text in your Blogger blog post, watch my free webinar: Blogger: Beyond Text with Michael Daniels or watch my other Blogger tutorials.