If you want the big picture, read on and check out the 2015 timeline. I've also put together more detailed overviews of the changes to Google+, Photos, Local Businesses and Pages, YouTube for viewers, YouTube Creators and Partners, live streaming, Hangouts, Blogger and AdSense.
What happened in the Google universe in 2015?
This year's biggest change? After half a year of streamlining, Google announced that Google+ is no longer the "social layer" across Google products and services. Instead it's going it alone, with a more "focused experience" and an emphasis on content. To that end, 2015 saw the launch of Collections and the ongoing separation of Photos, Hangouts, Local Businesses and YouTube from Google+. The year is ending with a brand new Google+ user interface, still under development.
- See the detailed overview: Google+ 2015 Review
- detailed overview: Google My Business and Google+ Pages 2015 Review
- See the detailed overview: Google Photos 2015 Review
- See the detailed overview: YouTube for Viewers 2015 Review
YouTube Analytics got new tools for analyzing views and engagement, and mobile-friendly Cards were introduced to eventually replace Annotations. YouTube Spaces for creators opened in Berlin and Mumbai. Plus new video options form 360 videos to improved live streaming, and potentially higher earnings form YouTube Red subscribers.
- See the detailed overview: YouTube Creators and Partners 2015 Review
- See the detailed overview: Go Live! 2015 Review
- See the detailed overview: Hangouts 2015 Review
- See the detailed overview: Blogger 2015 Review
- See the detailed overview: AdSense 2015 Review
Want to stay up to date all year long? Follow my Weekly Updates!