The big news this week was on Google+ with the introduction of Collections, and the quiet retirement of Local search, visible auto-hashtags, and Circle sharing. And there are more tips and updates for small business owners, bloggers and YouTube creators. Read on!
- New! Google+ introduces Collections
- - 10 suggestions for Collections
- - Follow the Google+ Top Contributors Collections about Google+
- - Collections basics (with links to other overviews, tutorials and posts)
- Google+ retires Circle sharing (CircleCount)
- Autohashtags Are 'Disappearing' But Not 'Retiring' (Eli Fennell)
- Live broadcasters: Free Wirecast for YouTube is available again (Bern Rexer)
- Using Hangouts on Air to build your Google+ Community (Ronnie Bincer with DearMYRTLE)
- Update: YouTube Subscription Collections are going away May 20th
- What's up with YouTube subs? The Creator Show talks to product manager Brian Marquardt
- YouTube Creators: stop focusing on views and look at audience retention
- YouTube Partners: Audience before advertising
- YouTube Partners: How to earn money on YouTube - think beyond AdSense (Tim Schmoyer)
- AdSense Publishers: is there content on your website that violates AdSense content policy? If you're not sure, use site search to review your site
Blogger and Webmasters
- Have a Blogger blog? Submit your sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools! (BloggerXpertise)
- Hungry? Place a food order right from the Google search results on your phone!
- Stay up to date on Google I/O by following Google+ Developers official I/O15 Collection
- Flickr rolls out a redesign today, with significant new features for desktop and mobile devices
- The beautiful language of emoji - Instagram engineers dive into the data to better understand emoji semantics
- Online laughter: do you write hahaha or hehehe ?
- Before there was a Silicon Valley: Santa Clara Valley in 1948
You can also subscribe to my weekly update by email.
Posted by Peggy K