Creating and maintaining a YouTube channel, Google+ Page and other social media profiles can require a significant investment in time, energy and expertise. It's natural that many business owners often delegate social media management to hired experts, employees, or even interns.
But what business owners often don't appreciate is that having someone else create your accounts can mean losing control if that employee quits, is fired, or doesn't keep a record of the account's username and password.
So how can a business owner ensure that they retain access to their YouTube channel and Google+ Page?
- 1. Create a Google+ Profile or Google Account for social media using an email address on your business's domain
- 2. If you create a new Google+ Profile use your personal name
- 3. Add Google account recovery options
- 4. Create a new YouTube channel and Google+ Page for your business
- Create a new YouTube channel along with a new Google+ Page
- Add a YouTube channel to your existing Google+ Page
- 5. Add a manager (or two) to your business's Google+ Page
- I'm not the owner of my business's Google+ Page and YouTube channel - what can I do?
- Learn more about Google+ Pages and YouTube channels